jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 22:52:03 GMT
On 28.02.2012, at 19:41, Michael Dürig wrote:
> However I just noted, that the spec. mandates nt:unstructured to be
> orderable. Which I find strange by the way since order is also structure...

I think it's perfectly right: unstructured in the sense of "don't think about structure yet".
This includes residual properties & child nodes and also orderability. If you don't have
order but want to have it later, you are forced to change the node type then, which is not
what unstructured is about.

So IMHO unstructured is the default can-do-everything node type.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek