jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dpfis...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 trade consistency for availability]
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:08:18 GMT
On Feb 29, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Michael Dürig wrote:

> That's an idea I mentioned earlier already [1]: make cluster sync
> transparent to JCR sessions. That is, any modification required by the
> sync, should look like just another session operation to JCR clients
> (i.e. there should also be observation events for such changes).

Ah, this did not catch my eye: in JR2, cluster syncs are transparent
to JCR sessions as well, although a conflict never needs to be
resolved or a change undone, because of its lock-and-sync contract.
That a cluster node could actually commit a change now and revert it
later on the MK level because of a conflict - as if some other party
had actually performed this revert-operation - is a new and
interesting idea.

Dominique