jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Codename
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:34:02 GMT
Am 28.02.2012 um 13:49 schrieb Thomas Mueller:

> I guess too many google results.
>
> On 2/28/12 1:40 PM, "Felix Meschberger" <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I might have missed a thing, but where has oak gone ?

+1 for Oak

Googling for just "oak" & simply counting the number of results does not make sense to
me. Googling for "sling" also gives you 12 mio results, most not related to apache sling.
And no reason the project could still become number one here (top in my results are "oakncy.com"
a fashion store, the wikipedia page for Oak & okaland airport), just like httpd, tomcat,
etc.

I don't find major software related things named "Oak" (except maybe "Read Oak Software" http://www.redoaksw.com/).

>> Am 28.02.2012 um 11:13 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
>>
>>> leaving the
>>> following alternatives:
>>>
>>>   [ ] Arnabu
>>>   [ ] Blackrabbit
>>>   [ ] Carota
>>>   [ ] Jonsai
>>>   [ ] Leporid
>>>   [ ] Tapeti
>>>   [ ] Tupaia

These are all way too complicated - unspellable & unrecognizable. Blackrabbit is too close
to Jackrabbit IMHO.

Also, -1 for Bonsai & derivatives, there should be no association with "small trees".

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek