jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 01:09:15 GMT

On 28.2.12 22:52, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> On 28.02.2012, at 19:41, Michael Dürig wrote:
>> However I just noted, that the spec. mandates nt:unstructured to be
>> orderable. Which I find strange by the way since order is also structure...
>
> I think it's perfectly right: unstructured in the sense of "don't think about structure
yet". This includes residual properties&  child nodes and also orderability. If you don't
have order but want to have it later, you are forced to change the node type then, which is
not what unstructured is about.

> So IMHO unstructured is the default can-do-everything node type.

Never look at it that way but you have a point there. Too me an order is
a structure on a set in the form of a binary relation. But your view
might be a better fit here.

Michael