jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:41:32 GMT

>> That's right and I think this is the way to go. We should however make it
>> clear, that having orderable child nodes comes with a cost.
>>
>> A remaining issue is that currently nt:unstructured is orderable. So we
>> might want to factor orderable out into a mixin.
>
> i have no idea how that would work. can you please give an example?
>
> we could add a new node type (e.g. nt:scalable), specified like nt:unstructered
> but with orderable=false.

I was thinking of making nt:unstructured *not* orderable and having a
separate mixin which just provides the orderable attribute:

[nt:unstructured]
- * (UNDEFINED) multiple
- * (UNDEFINED)
+ * (nt:base) = nt:unstructured sns VERSION

[mix:orderable]
orderable

Now if you want a nt:unstructured ordered you just mix in mix:orderable.

However I just noted, that the spec. mandates nt:unstructured to be
orderable. Which I find strange by the way since order is also structure...

Anyway, I see two approaches: either nt:scalable (i.e.
nt:unstructured-unorderd) as you proposed or we fix the spec.

Michael