jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jr3] Tree model
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:32:51 GMT

On 28.2.12 15:40, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> One reason to use the MicroKernel API is so we can implement a native
> version of the MicroKernel. See also
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Goals%20and%20non%20goals%20for%20Jackrab
> bit%203 - TBD - Microkernel portable to C:

I think it is valuable to have a language agnostic API as long as there
is a real chance anyone will ever build a Microkernel or an
implementation on top of the Microkernel with a language which does not
interoperate well with Java. However, internally we should break down
the functionality provided by that API into smaller units with well
defined and separate functionality as Jukka started to draft it with the
Tree interface.

Michael