jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:19:04 GMT

On 28.2.12 13:17, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Am 23.02.2012 um 12:33 schrieb Michael Dürig:
>> Having node.type.management.orderable.child.nodes.supported = false
>> might be a bit harsh. But orderable child node lists and large number of
>> child nodes are definitely in each other's way. I think we should come
>> up with a way to let users choose.
>
> Users can already chose: using the node type parameter "orderable".
>
> A repository-global decision to use either or does not really help, as in most cases
you will have the need for both cases (huge unordered bunch + smaller ordered list).

That's right and I think this is the way to go. We should however make
it clear, that having orderable child nodes comes with a cost.

A remaining issue is that currently nt:unstructured is orderable. So we
might want to factor orderable out into a mixin.

Michael