jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jr3] Strategic plan
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:50:21 GMT

Hi Jukka,

Thanks for making the effort and putting this together! I think after
much prototyping and experimental work in the past couple of months it
is very valuable to try to get a clear vision of the big picture.

> Path
> ----

[...]

> The new repository shall be implemented in an open, collaborative fashion
> based on the Apache principles. The effort shall be open to all contributors
> and actively strive to make it easy for new people to get involved. To
> achieve this, the new architecture should be designed to be modular and
> easily extensible. Extra care shall also be taken to make the new repository
> trivially easy to deploy and use for the most common use cases.

I think it is important that we identify and plan for cross cutting
concerns which are not easily modularizable. We should also mention this
in the plan.

Michael