jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: [jr3 http api as a first class citizen]
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:36:14 GMT

On 23.02.12 15:26, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     It would be great if in JR3 all JCR methods would be exposed to a HTTP
>     (REST) API.
>

> +1
>
>     Currently the most important stuff is, but not everthing.
>

> Could you provide some examples what is not there yet?

This https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2003 is a pretty complete
list.

> For performance, the transient space should be on the client, so it
> would be batch operations, and not directly mapping JCR methods calls,
> right?

Not sure what exactly you mean. For saving stuff, yes, the transient
space is on the client side and we batch them on save. But we still need
somehow a way to map all JCR methods to PHPCR (the JCR for PHP). How
that's done on the HTTP level doesn't really matter, as long as it's
somehow possible.

Currently it seems that the HTTP "API" is just an afterthought and
therefore sometimes neglected. It would be great if that would be
different in JR3. Like in other newer approaches lately, eg. in couchdb
(that's just the example which popped up in my mind, I'm not saying,
that's a perfect example :))

> I don't think this will be part of JCR-333, but probably another
> standard (JSOP).

I don't see this going into JSR-333 either.

Greetings

chregu

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60