jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 optional features]
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:17:25 GMT
hi michael

> Looking at the list of repository descriptors [1] we could decide for
> either of them what we want to support. Here is my take:

i agree with you except for the following:

> option.node.and.property.with.same.name.supported = true

this is something i would get rid of. i don't see the
use case for it and it currently doesn't properly work with
remoting as getting a node by path cannot be distinguished
from getting the property with the same path.

> node.type.management.orderable.child.nodes.supported = false

why? in CQ we rely on the ability to have orderable child nodes.

> node.type.management.value.constraints.supported = false

i don't agree here. if we support node types we should
also support value constraints.

regarding the descriptors with a question mark, my
position was as follows

 > node.type.management.inheritance.minimal = ? -> true
 > node.type.management.inheritance.multiple = ? -> true
 > node.type.management.overrides.supported = ? -> true
 > node.type.management.property.types = ? -> true

> query.languages = ? -> JCR-SQL2, JCR-JQOM. and i would appreciate if XPATH was still
being supported.
> query.stored.queries.supported = ? -> i never used that. but maybe that was useful.
> query.joins = ? -> true
> option.query.sql.supported = ? -> depends on query.languages. rather false.
> query.xpath.pos.index = ? -> depends on query.languages.
> query.xpath.doc.orderable = ? -> depends on query.languages

regards
angela