jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Goals and non goals for Jackrabbit 3" by MichaelDürig
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:53:27 GMT

>>   * JCR lock == sync
>
> Can you elaborate? I'd either implement locking correctly or not
> implement it at all, not something in between that a client can't
> really rely on.

AFAIU it this was related to a clustered setup where locking might be
quite expensive. We might want to offer reduced locking functionality
(or none at all) in this case. OTOH we should definitely have a look at
Apache Zookeper [1] (thanks Bertrand) which might help us solving some
of these issues.

Michael

[1] http://zookeeper.apache.org/