jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 microkernel] Change log consolidation
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:56:46 GMT

>> > I understand why a move to a descendant of self is invalid.
>> >
>> > But why is a move to an ancestor of self invalid ?
>> Because there is a conflict on the target name.
>>
>> > Eg. "mv /a/b/c /a" resulting in /a/b and /a/c
>> No. This means moving node /a/b/c to the root with name a. But /a exists
>> already.
>
> It certainly means what Felix said in a POXIX mv command. Are you using
> a different notation here?

The notation resembles that of the JSOP move operation (minus clutter)
which it turn reflects the semantics of the JCR move methods: it
includes the name of the target node. See also my definition above:

"Let p, q be paths. Then p:q denotes a move operation where the node at
p is moved to a new node at q."

Michael