jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Buchmann <david.buchm...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: reopen a closed issue?
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:25:37 GMT

sorry for closing it. in our company we have the policy that the creator
of a ticket closes it to aknowledge he is happy with the resolution...

if this is important in your workflow, i would suggest restricting the
close operation to people who can work on the releases to prevent
uninformed people like me from doing the wrong thing ;-)

Am 03.02.2012 16:39, schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Alex Parvulescu
> <alex.parvulescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How can I reopen a closed issue?
> We're using the no-reopen-closed workflow, which explicitly prevents
> reopening of closed issues. The idea behind this is to freeze the list
> of issues resolved in a given release after that release has been
> published.
>> I have resolved an issue [0] but shortly after it was accidentally marked as
>> 'Closed'. This is not standard workflow, so I'd like to turn it into
>> 'Resolved' again until the actual release happens.
> In theory we could temporarily change the workflow settings to do
> this, but in practice I'd just leave it closed as you can still
> comment on or edit the issue if needed. The only downside of an issue
> being closed before the release in which the fix is shipped is that
> you can't reopen the issue in case the fix turns out to be flawed. If
> that becomes a more common problem we can restrict the permission to
> close issues only to committers, but for now I'd just leave things
> as-is.
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

- --
Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 26 422 25 11
CH-1700 Fribourg // PGP 0xA581808B // www.liip.ch
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)