jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Orderable child nodes: required (to be the default)?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:56:07 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> If we use alphabetical child node lists by default for Jackrabbit 3, then
> we would need to use a different default node type?

Right, though I suppose there are quite a few applications that use
nt:unstructured either as-is or as a base type for many purposes.

> Is it even possible to use a different node type than nt:unstructured
> in Jackrabbit 3?

It is. The default use of nt:unstructured in Jackrabbit 1.x and 2.x
boils down to the use of nt:unstructured as the base type of rep:root.
It should be fairly straightforward to change the root type to specify
an unorderable type as the default for any child nodes.

Doing so may cause some breakage in existing clients that don't
explicitly specify the types they want, but that breakage should be
manageable with proper release notes and workaround instructions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting