jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.4 release plan
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:17:56 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two weeks later, on Tuesday Jan 3rd, and assuming no big problems have
> been detected, we'll then cut the stable 2.4.0 release candidate.

The 2.3.6 release announcement got delayed since I didn't have ssh
access required for staging the release over the holidays. The release
is finally now up and I just sent out the release announcement, but
it's probably best to give some time for people to try it out before
we cut 2.4.0.

And there hasn't been much work in trunk or the 2.4 branch since the
2.3.6, so also from that perspective we should let things rest a bit
longer before cutting the first stable 2.4 release.

Thus I suggest that we postpone the 2.4.0 cut date two weeks ahead to
Tuesday, Jan 17th. Any help before that in testing the 2.3.6 release
and pointing out any pending fixes in Jira will be much appreciated.

BR,

Jukka Zitting