jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 Microkernel] compiler settings in pom.xml
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:44:24 GMT
Hi,

Am 31.01.2012 um 14:31 schrieb Jukka Zitting:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'd rather go for a modern language instead of taping things together ;-)

Michael is certainly thinking of Scala which has its own can of issues ... Syntax not being
the least of it ;)

> Indeed, that's another point I've been thinking about....

I am not really sure, whether we should really open this can of worms ...

I for my part I would expect JR 3 to still be easily embedded in a JVM (deployed in an OSGi
framework running in a JVM, actually), which pretty much excludes anything not being compiled
to Java Byte Code executable by the JVM.

Regards
Felix