jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by stefan
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:24:45 GMT
Hi,

>getNode("/foo;hash") would return the node
> "/foo", together with the ":hash" property (in our implementation).
>
>Is this IETF draft or your extension ? Anyways, it feels extremely
>strange.

This is our own extension. I agree it's strange, similar to query
parameters in URIs:

    http://www.day.com/day/en/toolbar/search.html?q=test

The ";" is a sub-delim in RFC 3986 (Uniform Resource Identifier (URI):
Generic Syntax) - see also http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986 - quoting:

"
5.4.  Reference Resolution Examples
Within a representation with a well defined base URI of
http://a/b/c/d;p?q

"

We have used ";hash" and not "?hash" because the "?" is a gen-delim and
not a sub-delim; the correct syntax would need to be "?hash=true", also
other options would need to be added with a "&", in the form
"?hash=true&index=true" instead of the shorter ";hash;index".

I'm not saying that a "JSOP path" should be an "RFC 3986 URI". But I guess
a "path" would be somewhat similar (possibly simpler), and have a somewhat
similar extension mechanism for additional features.

Regards,
Thomas