jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by ThomasMueller
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 11:23:24 GMT
Hi,

>if this is supposed to be a generic format for use outside
>Jackrabbit. But I'm starting to believe it's not.

>*If* we want to support ordered collections, than the JSON mapping
>should contain additional information on the sort order of the members.
>Like this:
>
>{"a": {}, "b": {}, "c": {}, "{somejcrrelateduri}sortorder": [ "a", "b",
>"c" ] }

-1 that's too weird for me. Also, duplicating data is always problematic.

I would rather say ordering is optional, and within Jackrabbit 3 we just
happen to support it. At least as long as orderable child nodes need to be
supported. Which, in my view, doesn't need to be the case. I would just
define that the order is undefined. File systems don't define an order
either either, and people don't seem to have a problem with that. If the
shell or a GUI tool orders them by name, and if they are ordered by name
on the server because the server uses a b-tree, then that's fine. But I
think it should not be required standard behavior.

I guess I should create an issue request in JSR-333.

Regards,
Thomas