jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by ThomasMueller
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:32:56 GMT
Hi,

>Not sure this is a good idea, as long as we pretend that this format has
>something to do with JSON. The main purpose of JSON is that the objects
>can be instantiated again in JavaScript, at which point the ordering
>becomes undefined.

If one possible *client* isn't interested in the order, then that's not a
problem. The problem is that the *server* should keep the order, so that
clients that are interested in the order can work. Otherwise "move" with
"before" / "after" isn't that meaningful.

What about making it an optional feature ("may")? It still possible for a
client to define the order using many "move" calls, but it's a bit strange
I have admit:

> "/test/b": { "after": "/test/a" }
> "/test/c": { "after": "/test/b" }

This will ensure the order is "a", "b", "c".

Regards,
Thomas