jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP extension points, was: JSOP
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:17:50 GMT
Hi,

>We could add an extension point to the compact syntax through the
>following production:
>
>EXTENSION      ::= OP STRING ":" (OBJECT | ATOM | ARRAY)
>
>where OP is any single character except for +, ^, -, >, =, @ (and maybe
>some others to be defined).

That's a possible extension. The parser could support that. But I'm not
sure if it's a good idea if items that are not understood are silently
ignored. For example, if we add a new command "copy" as:

    * "/from": "/to"

(copies the node "/from" including all sub-nodes to a new node "/to"). Old
implementations would silently ignore it? For proxies ignoring might work
(forward whatever is not understood), but not for implementations (client
side or server side).

Regards,
Thomas