jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP extension points, was: JSOP
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:10:07 GMT
Hi,

>JSON itself: if you specify that you are only interested in the property
>"foo" in your json-based data, you will automatically skip any other
>properties in the structure, without breaking any parsing.

There are no extension points in the JSON syntax itself. With JSON syntax
I mean the BNF of the JSON. The JSON syntax is strict, and that's OK.

You are talking about the data. Sure, we could and should do that in our
case as well. For example, we could say that the path "/:info/" should
contain metadata information similar to the "information schema" in
relational databases - if the given implementation supports it (meaning
it's optional).

Regards,
Thomas