jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP extension points, was: JSOP
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:02:06 GMT
Hi,

>Unless I'm missing something, a today's JSOP parsers will be unable to
>parse future messages that contain an extension defined like the above,
>as they won't know how to skip over it.

What we currently don't have, and probably should add, is a way to
negotiate the format / protocol version (for example in the first message,
similar to the "HTTP/1.1" in "GET / HTTP/1.1").

But generally, parsers shouldn't silently skip over things they don't
understand, except if it's explicitly defined to be implementation
specific / optional (#pragma and such). Could you provide examples of
languages that do support such extension points?

Regards,
Thomas