jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.4 release plan
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:31:44 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> At that point, on Dec 20th, we'll create the 2.4 branch and update
> trunk version to 2.6-SNAPSHOT.

Done. Like the 2.3.x releases we've been making from 2.4-SNAPSHOT, the
plan is to start making unstable 2.5.x releases from the 2.6-SNAPSHOT
trunk again when there's enough demand to get latest developments out.

> Only bugfixes should be merged to the 2.4 branch unless there's
> a very good reason for why a broader change should still be included.

It looks like we still have some broader changes going on in trunk
that ideally should go into 2.4, so I'd evaluate this rule on a
case-by-case basis for now until we make the official 2.4.0 release.
If there's a lot of such changes, we may still opt to do an unstable
2.3.7 release from the 2.4 branch before switching to stable 2.4.x
releases.

When working on changes that should go into the 2.4 branch, please use
the 2.4 version in Jira. For other changes use the 2.5 version.

All changes should be committed first to the trunk. If you like, you
can also merge them to the 2.4 branch using "svn merge -c NNN
^/jackrabbit/trunk" from a checkout of the branch. Otherwise, if the
issue is marked for 2.4 in Jira, I'll make sure that any relevant
changes are merged before cutting the release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting