jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long Blocks In Jackrabbit Clustering
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:01:32 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Vishal Shukla <vishal1shukla2@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are currently using database journal in the jackrabbit cluster. We have
> high amount document upload through all the nodes, which includes concurrent
> users.

Jackrabbit currently only supports a single concurrent write operation
even in a clustered environment, which is most likely the cause of the
delays you're seeing.

If you're uploading large binaries, you should be able to
significantly reduce this bottleneck by using the data store feature
[1] which moves all binary uploads outside the big cluster write lock.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

BR,

Jukka Zitting