jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 microkernel] Write skew
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 13:01:15 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> But this will introduce a race condition. With other words: this only make
> the time window during which such a inconsistency could slip in smaller. I
> think what we'd really need is an atomic test and set operation.

Right, either the refresh-check-persist model for save() needs to be
atomic (possibly with optimistic locking as described) or we need an
eventual consistency model that can automatically resolve such
conflicts.

Has this already been thought about? How does the current microkernel
implementation handle such cases?

BR,

Jukka Zitting