jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 2.4 release plan
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 15:24:10 GMT
Hi,

As mentioned earlier, we seem to be getting closer to a point where we
could branch Jackrabbit 2.4 and start targeting towards a stable 2.4.0
release. This is my suggestion on how and when we should do this.

I will be cutting a 2.3.5 release candidate from trunk shortly and
target for a 2.3.6 release in two weeks on Dec 20th. Both versions
exists in Jira.

At that point, on Dec 20th, we'll create the 2.4 branch and update
trunk version to 2.6-SNAPSHOT. Only bugfixes should be merged to the
2.4 branch unless there's a very good reason for why a broader change
should still be included. Thus, if you're working on some improvement,
new feature or API change that should be included in 2.4, please
target to have at least the key parts in place already for the 2.3.6
release.

Two weeks later, on Tuesday Jan 3rd, and assuming no big problems have
been detected, we'll then cut the stable 2.4.0 release candidate. If
you know of any bugs that should be addressed before the release,
please mark them in Jira using the 2.4 version.

BR,

Jukka Zitting