jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 microkernel] Write skew
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 13:06:48 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
>>The save() implementation will need to do an internal refresh(true),
>>check any type and other constraints, and only persist the changes if
>>everything is OK.
>
> What if the node type changes after the refresh, but before the save?

See the second paragraph of that message:

"To prevent this from being a too big blocking operation, we can use
optimistic locking by making the last step of the process conditional
on the repository still being at the state it was when the
refresh(true) call was made. Otherwise the refresh-check-persist cycle
should be restarted."

Or, as mentioned in my reply to Michael, an eventual consistency model
could  be used to avoid all blocking.

BR,

Jukka Zitting