jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Vishal Shukla <vishal1shuk...@gmail.com>
Subject Long Blocks In Jackrabbit Clustering
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:05:15 GMT
Hi all,

We are currently using database journal in the jackrabbit cluster. We have
high amount document upload through all the nodes, which includes
concurrent users. We are facing long blocks on *AXDNA_DMS_JRNL_GLOBAL_REVISION
*table. These blocks were typically ranging from 10 to 45 minutes duration
and documents could not be uploaded in this duration. Short blocks of few
seconds were also very frequently observed.

Blocks are observed for below queries.

*
*

*- update XXXX_DMS_JRNL_GLOBAL_REVISION set REVISION_ID = REVISION_ID + 1  *

*
*

*- select REVISION_ID, JOURNAL_ID, PRODUCER_ID, REVISION_DATA from
XXXX_DMS_JRNL_JOURNAL where REVISION_ID >  8806  order by REVISION_ID*

Using NO LOCK option with above SELECT query didn’t help in reducing the
blocks or its timings.

We also tried with *FileJournal *clustering. It reduced above mentioned DB
blocks but we faced blocks (may be file blocks) i.e. documents could not be
uploaded for around 10-15 minutes. On an average 1-2 such blocks were
observed per day.

It would be great if someone could suggest any workaround to get rid of
this issue or reduce block timings.

Thanks & Regards,
--
Vishal Shukla