jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bart van der Schans <b.vandersch...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: JDK 5 vs 6, was: svn commit: r1213969 - /jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-server/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/jcr/EventJournalResourceImpl.java
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:14:24 GMT
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Can we please switch to JDK 6 as soon as possible?
>> Such as after the next stable release?
>
> Sounds like a reasonable schedule to me. Is there anyone who'd still
> need Java 5 support after Jackrabbit 2.4?

We fully switched to java 6 a some time ago since java 5 has been EOL
for a while now [1]. So switching directly to Java 6 for 2.4 would be
fine too for us. Java 6 EOL is July 2012, so maybe we should be
looking at Java 7 for after 2.4?

Regards,
Bart

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com