jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [jr3 microkernel] Write skew
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:26:14 GMT
Hi,

Am 01.12.2011 um 13:11 schrieb Jukka Zitting:

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> So we (thinking of Sling amongst other things) might have to adapt
>> our event listeners to do a Session.refresh at the beginning of the
>> onEvent method (in case long lived sessions are used).
>
> For obvious reasons a snapshot-based implementation would need to
> implicitly call refresh(true) on a session before delivering
> observation events.

I don't think so, I would even deem it dangerous. Rather I would accept the fact of the session
not being accurate (since this is ok per the spec) and have the listeners refresh themselves
as needed.

Maybe there are listeners, that do not even use the session, with which they have been registered
in the first place. Then such a refresh by the repository would just burn cycles to no avail.

Regards
Felix