jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by stefan
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:54:28 GMT
On 14.12.11 14:18, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> The use case is that the client should have a way to detect the JCR data
>> type for unstructured data (JSON doesn't have a 'date' data type). For
>> the
>> MicroKernel, we currently use a different convention: we encode the data
>> type in the value.
>
> <insert-anti-JSON-pro-XML-rant-here/>
>
> Maybe sometimes simple is too simple :-)

When we started using 'JSOP' and JSON for the jr3 Microkernel based
implementation, we didn't have a clear picture on how to map things to
JCR. The conception then was 'decorate it on top somehow'. As it is
apparent from this discussion, this isn't as easy as it seems without
resorting to ad-hoc extensions.

This discussion just touched two of the paint points: copy and data
types. Others are: observation, locking, name spaces and remapping,
access control, ordering, properties and nodes with the same name, same
name siblings...

Michael