jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by stefan
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:40:42 GMT
On 2011-12-14 15:24, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> getNode("/foo;hash") would return the node
>> "/foo", together with the ":hash" property (in our implementation).
>>
>> Is this IETF draft or your extension ? Anyways, it feels extremely
>> strange.
>
> This is our own extension. I agree it's strange, similar to query
> parameters in URIs:
>
>      http://www.day.com/day/en/toolbar/search.html?q=test
>

> The ";" is a sub-delim in RFC 3986 (Uniform Resource Identifier (URI):
> Generic Syntax) - see also http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986 - quoting:
>
> "
> 5.4.  Reference Resolution Examples
> Within a representation with a well defined base URI of
> http://a/b/c/d;p?q
>
> "

It *is* a sub-delim, but the quoted text above is irrelevant. With
respect to reference resolution, it behaves exactly the same as "." or
",", for example.

> We have used ";hash" and not "?hash" because the "?" is a gen-delim and
> not a sub-delim; the correct syntax would need to be "?hash=true", also

Um, no.

> other options would need to be added with a "&", in the form
> "?hash=true&index=true" instead of the shorter ";hash;index".

You could make it "?hash&index".

> I'm not saying that a "JSOP path" should be an "RFC 3986 URI". But I guess
> a "path" would be somewhat similar (possibly simpler), and have a somewhat
> similar extension mechanism for additional features.

So essentially you want an extension mechanism on the identifier
notation. I don't think this is a good idea.

In JSON Pointer, a pointer identifies a JSON member.

In the JSOP diff format (as initially planned), a pointer is a path
identifying a JCR item.

Best regards, Julian