jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by stefan
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:15:28 GMT
On 2011-12-14 11:51, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
>> Not convinced.
>
> i think it's useful and needed. how else would
> you support the javax.jcr.Workspace#copy use case?

spi2dav, for which this has been invented for, simply does a COPY
operation. Note this is a workspace operation not needed in batch
operations.

>> If we think this is needed we should bring it up within the IETF so JSON
>> Patch gets this, too.
>
> sure, please go ahead.

A-hem, no, I won't, because I don't think it's a good idea.

>> Or have we given up on that?
>
> why would that be the case?

I keep seeing additions to the format which are not motivated by the
original use case, and have not been proposed outside this small group.

Best regards, Julian