jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by ThomasMueller
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:09:27 GMT

On 9.12.11 9:06, Apache Wiki wrote:
> Comment:
> Preserve order of child nodes
>
>    '''addNodeDiff:'''
>     * + pathString: object
>
> + The added node may contain child nodes. The order of child node is preserved, that
means, when requesting the object, the child nodes will appear in the same order as they appear
when the node was added. This only applies to child nodes however; it does not apply to the
order of properties. For example, an implementation may sort the properties by name.
> +
>    '''addPropertyDiff:'''
>     * + pathString: propertyValue

I wouldn't specify this here since this since this would effectively
break compatibility with the IETF JSON Patch [1]. Currently our compact
syntax seems to nicely map to the JSON Patch syntax (when augmented with
support for metadata and a reorder op) and vice versa. For the
Microkernel we can still require that the order is preserved. That is,
I'd rather put the order preserving requirement in the spec of the
Microkernel as an additional requirement on how to interpret a JSOP-Diff.

Michael

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pbryan-json-patch-04