jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by ThomasMueller
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:06:45 GMT
On 2011-12-09 10:06, Apache Wiki wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The "Jsop" page has been changed by ThomasMueller:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Jsop?action=diff&rev1=28&rev2=29
>
> Comment:
> Preserve order of child nodes
>
>    '''addNodeDiff:'''
>     * + pathString: object
>
> + The added node may contain child nodes. The order of child node is preserved, that
means, when requesting the object, the child nodes will appear in the same order as they appear
when the node was added. This only applies to child nodes however; it does not apply to the
order of properties. For example, an implementation may sort the properties by name.
> +

Not sure this is a good idea, as long as we pretend that this format has
something to do with JSON. The main purpose of JSON is that the objects
can be instantiated again in JavaScript, at which point the ordering
becomes undefined.

Best regards, Julian