jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject [jr3 microkernel] prototype (Re: svn commit: r1212018 [1/7] - in /jackrabbit/sandbox/jackrabbit-microkernel: ./ src/ src/main/ src/main/java/ src/main/java/org/ src/main/java/org/apache/ src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/ src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/configuration/ src/main/j...)
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 18:33:32 GMT

Hi,

I just committed a prototype implementation of a JCR repository based on
the Microkernel into the sandbox [1]. In contrast to the SPI based
prototype [2], this is direct implementation not relying on an existing
stack. This is very much work in progress still and many (if not most)
things are not implemented. What currently (should) work is standard
read and session write operations. However, there is no support for name
spaces nor for node types. Furthermore not all property types are
supported yet.

The intent of this implementation is to be able to experiment with
different approaches. It should help us to decide whether we want to go
with a SPI based implementation and refactor this stack to fit our needs
or whether we want to do a rewrite and reuse existing code where possible.

Michael

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/sandbox/jackrabbit-microkernel/

[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/sandbox/jackrabbit-mk/