jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: no PERSIST events?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:19:36 GMT
On 2011-12-06 11:42, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was just looking at a stream of events and noticed that we don't seem to
>> generate PERSIST events?
>>
>> Is there a good reason for this, or is this just something we haven't done
>> yet?
>
> can you please provide some context information? i'll then try to
> answer your question.

Sure :-)

JSR 283 defines in
<http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/12_Observation.html#12.6.3%20Event%20Bundling%20in%20Journaled%20Observation>:

"In journaled observation dispatching is done by the implementation
writing to the event journal.

If event bundling is supported a PERSIST event is dispatched when a
persistent change is made to workspace bracketing the set of events
associated with that change. This exposes event bundle boundaries in the
event journal.

Note that a PERSIST event will never appear within an EventIterator
since, in asynchronous observation, the iterator itself serves to define
the event bundle.

In repositories that do not support event bundling, PERSIST events do
not appear in the event journal."

Best regards, Julian