jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Bundleizing a few more libraries ...
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 17:54:59 GMT
Hi all,

Over in the Sling project we have a Bundle which contains the jackrabbit-webdav and jackrabbit-jcr-server
libraries to expose DavEx JCR remoting in the OSGi framework. This bundle is prone with at
least two issues:

  * Being part of Sling it should use the Sling authentication
    framework. This does not seem to play nicely with the
    JcrRemotingServlet due to some impedance mismatches.
  * Being part of Sling we are always behind in releases and,
    obviously, we do not want to base our bundles on so-called
    unstable releases like the 2.3.x release line.

Hence I suggest to enhance the jackrabbit-webdav and jackrabbit-jcr-server libraries to become
OSGi bundles.

In addition a new Declarative Services component class is added to the jackrabbit-jcr-server
to expose the JcrRemotingServlet through the OSGi Http Service.

See JCR-3142 [1] for a proposed patch.

Regards
Felix