jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:22:25 GMT
Hi,

>Container format: something that wraps multiple single diffs into one
>file. Such as ZIP, multipart/*, or a JSON document that contains an
>array of diffs (something we could do easily if the diff format was JSON).

If you want to call it "container" or not is up to you.

The "@" notation is similar to the Unified diff format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff#Unified_format - which supports multiple
files. Nobody every suggested to create a diff for each file separately,
and zip them or use multipart/*. It's always simply one file.

Also, both zip and multipart/* don't support json metadata. Then, zip and
multipart/* are vastly more complex solutions.

Regards,
Thomas