jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: too many open files / derby / suse
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:25:03 GMT
Hi,

>and as far as i can see the failure is gone.

Depending on what the problem is, that might only be a temporary solution.
I really would try to find out what the problem is, using "lsof -p <pid>".
To get the pid, use "jps -l".

>@thomas: you suggested to use H2. would it be possible to replace derby
>with H2 but reuse the file structure that has already been created by
>derby?

H2 only needs one file per database (plus one temporary file to lock the
database file, plus possibly a log file). Derby uses many files per
database (one per table or index, plus a few for the transaction log, and
so on). So: no. You need to create a new database / new databases.

Regards,
Thomas