jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: too many open files / derby / suse
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:25:03 GMT

>and as far as i can see the failure is gone.

Depending on what the problem is, that might only be a temporary solution.
I really would try to find out what the problem is, using "lsof -p <pid>".
To get the pid, use "jps -l".

>@thomas: you suggested to use H2. would it be possible to replace derby
>with H2 but reuse the file structure that has already been created by

H2 only needs one file per database (plus one temporary file to lock the
database file, plus possibly a log file). Derby uses many files per
database (one per table or index, plus a few for the transaction log, and
so on). So: no. You need to create a new database / new databases.

View raw message