jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject JSOP diff format
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:11:59 GMT
Hi,

at some point we need to answer the questions below:

1) How many diff formats do we want inside Jackrabbit? What can we do to
converge on a single one?

2) Should the diff format we use be applicable to things outside the
Jackrabbit world, that is manipulating pure JSON?

Regarding 1) - as the feature set seems to be a moving target right now,
this may be hard. On the other hand, if we reach consensus on certain
aspects (such as: is the path quoted) we should try to update the
implementations accordingly.

Regarding 2) - if this is our goal than we need to define operations in
terms of JSON, not JCR, and treat the JCR-JSON mapping as orthogonal.
For instance that means that there should be no special-casing of
certain constructs, such as the "set" operation only taking strings or
arrays.

Best regards, Julian