jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSOP
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:24:34 GMT

On 29.11.11 17:46, Julian Reschke wrote:

>>> The diff format makes no promises about the observable events, so I
>>> wouldn't worry about that.
>>
>> What I'm worrying about is that when the format doesn't allow us to
>> implement JCR observation, we won't use it but rather a derivative of it.
>
> Could you elaborate what the problem is?

The Microkernel uses the JSOP diff format to report changes in the
repository (see Microkernel.getJournal() [1]. The upper layers use this
change log to create JCR observation events. So for properties, there
needs to be a way to tell 'remove' followed by 'add' apart from 'set' in
order to create the correct JCR events.

Michael

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/sandbox/microkernel/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/mk/api/MicroKernel.java?view=markup