jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <jresc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:11:33 GMT
On 29.11.2011 17:05, Michael Dürig wrote:

> Taking to the dev list:
>
>> Set currently is:
>>
>> SET      ::= "^" STRING ":" ATOM | ARRAY
>>
>> which seems to be the subset needed for setting JCR property values.
>>
>> Shouldn't we be able to overwrite nodes as well?
>>
>> Best regards, Julian
>
> This is as intended: it is modeled after the JCR API: set is for setting
> property values and add is for adding properties and nodes. Add should
> fail if a property or node exists already.

Yes. But just because the JCR API doesn't have "set" for nodes doesn't
mean it's not a useful operation; and if we want to define a data format
that is not specific to JCR remoting then the restriction doesn't seem
to make sense.

Internally, SET can always be implemented as atomic variant of
REMOVE-then-ADD.

Best regards, Julian