jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <jresc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: JSOP
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:11:33 GMT
On 29.11.2011 17:05, Michael Dürig wrote:
> Taking to the dev list:
>> Set currently is:
>> SET      ::= "^" STRING ":" ATOM | ARRAY
>> which seems to be the subset needed for setting JCR property values.
>> Shouldn't we be able to overwrite nodes as well?
>> Best regards, Julian
> This is as intended: it is modeled after the JCR API: set is for setting
> property values and add is for adding properties and nodes. Add should
> fail if a property or node exists already.

Yes. But just because the JCR API doesn't have "set" for nodes doesn't
mean it's not a useful operation; and if we want to define a data format
that is not specific to JCR remoting then the restriction doesn't seem
to make sense.

Internally, SET can always be implemented as atomic variant of

Best regards, Julian

View raw message