the code is still experimental (that explains why there are no tests yet for it).
this feature is enabled via a system property (so we can test the performance of the patch)

See the JR issue that tracks the code changes

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
On 2011-10-08 09:48, Julian Reschke wrote:
On 2011-10-08 05:48, Dave Brosius wrote:
This comparator seems odd to me, as it never returns (d) but perhaps i'm
confused, is it ok?

public int compareTo(ValueComparableWrapper o) {
final int d = compare(v, o.getValue());
if (d != 0) {
if (reversed) {
return -d;
return -d;
return 0;

It certainly looks broken. (If it's intended it would need a comment
explaining why it is so)

Do we need a test before fixing?

Best regards, Julian

>From a quick test it seems that this code is never exercised from the unit tests. The call hierarchy indicates that this should be used from SQL2...

Does anybody recall what's going on here? It would be good to have a test before touching this...

Best regards, Julian