jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About FileDataStore mod-time update
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:12:43 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
> However I'm afraid I don't know a better way to solve the problem (mark the
> file as still being used). Suggestions are always welcome of course.

We could keep a separate log of the last access times of records.

Or better yet, since the last access time is only really used to
prevent garbage collection from removing items still in use, we could
make the garbage collector keep a temporary list of all the record ids
it's considering to delete, and have the data store remove from that
list all the entries still referenced in content or currently
accessed. Any remaining entries can then be safely removed. This way
we wouldn't need to persist any access time information.

BR,

Jukka Zitting