jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1183364 - in /jackrabbit/branches/2.2/jackrabbit-core: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/cache/CacheManager.java
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:01:20 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Bart van der Schans
> <b.vanderschans@onehippo.com> wrote:
>> That looks like the subversion merge tracking info. According to
>> subversion "Subversion tries to generate merge metadata whenever it
>> can, to make future invocations of svn merge smarter." [1] So it
>> should be just fine.
>
> You can merge without doing all these, imho annoying tracking info with

It's better if we keep the svn:mergeinfo properties, as it makes
managing the maintenance branches easier. That's why I explicitly
recommend [1] using "svn merge -c <revision> ^/jackrabbit/trunk" for
backporting changes.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/issue-tracker.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting