jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: baseline/configuration sub-tree as frozen-node rep:version references?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 22:11:47 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:32 PM, rosselet <ati.rosselet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there currently any way to get this as a "sub-tree", or can I at least
> assume that the sub-tree was walked breadth-first? (are parents ensured to
> always appear in this multivalue list before children?)

The set of version references in a baseline isn't supposed to contain
any structural information. The only thing a baseline does is to
record the current version of all versionable nodes within a
configuration (typically a subtree).

Note that a configuration/baseline is not enough to reconstruct a
given subtree from scratch. Restoring a recorded baseline requires
that the subtree already exists with all the relevant versionable
nodes in place, and restoring the baseline just restores each of those
versionable nodes to the versions recorded in the baseline.

BR,

Jukka Zitting