jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating jackrabbit-stats as a generic execution statistics library
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:04:14 GMT
Hi,

The TimeSeries mechanism recently added in JCR-3040 is not tied to
specific repository metrics, and I'm actually now seeing some interest
for using the same mechanism for collecting and reporting also various
application-level execution statistics.

To enable such use cases, I'd like to move the TimeSeries mechanism
from jackrabbit-api and -core to a separate new jackrabbit-stats
component without the JCR dependency. That way it could be used even
by applications without a direct JCR dependency.

Ultimately such a generic codebase could be moved to somewhere like
Apache Commons, but for now it'll be easiest to have it in Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting