jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <monk...@gmail.com>
Subject About FileDataStore mod-time update
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:02:16 GMT
Hi there.

I'm curious about the behabior of the
FileDataStore.getRecordIfStored(DataIdentifier identifier) method: when
access a DataRecord, it update the modification time of the file. This means
that every time a file is accessed is like has been modified and this is not
true.

The main reason of this questions os the backup of the Jacrabbit DataStore:
incremental backups does not make sense because the these kind of
aplications check the file mod-time to see if has been modified, and always
are modified in my case because I run a DataStoreGarbageCollector every
nigth and this process update the mod-time of every file in the DataDatore.

Thanks in advance.

--
OpenKM
http://www.openkm.com