jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: About FileDataStore mod-time update
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:22:41 GMT
Hi,

> This means that every time a file is accessed is like has been modified and this is not
true.

When garbage collection is running, yes.

> incremental backups does not make sense

If incremental backup only checks the last modified time, then it's a problem, I agree. However
I'm afraid I don't know a better way to solve the problem (mark the file as still being used).
Suggestions are always welcome of course.

Is it possible that the incremental backup checks the file creation time instead of the last
modification time?

Regards,
Thomas